Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
wsb, the "Mole" just seems to be running a points game or something. He could easily pull first place in several races, it just seems like he is playing cautious. Maybe he only has 1 spare? Dunno.

BTW, the "MOLE" would be VerMOLEin.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree. He is riding that Ten Kate machine with a vengeance. Doing himself a lot of good point wise. Hopefully he can pull something off this weekend in WSBK. Two races on after Rd 1 of MotoGP on Speed Sunday. Good day for races!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
FireBlade Superbike wins

Hi all, this is my first post here. I'm moving to Canada from Australia in about 4 weeks time and I'll probably get a new 'Blade when I get there (my last bike was a 2001 Aprilia RSV Mille).

The new 'Blades are doing very well in the local superbike series. Here are some results from the first two rounds of the Australian Superbike Series:

Shell Advance Australian Superbike Championship Round 1 Race 1 - March 12-14 Eastern Creek
1 26 A Daniel STAUFFER (NSW) / Nikon Yamaha Factory Race Team Yamaha R1 1000
2 25 A Josh BROOKES (NSW) / Castrol Honda Honda CBR 1000
3 74 A Adam FERGUSSON (VIC) / Castrol Honda Honda CBR 1000

Shell Advance Australian Superbike Championship Round 1 Race 2 - March 12-14 Eastern Creek
1 26 A Daniel STAUFFER (NSW) / Nikon Yamaha Factory Race Team Yamaha R1 1000
2 2 A Shawn GILES (VIC) / Team Suzuki Suzuki GSXR 1000
3 25 A Josh BROOKES (NSW) / Castrol Honda Honda CBR 1000

Shell Advance Australian Superbike Championship Round 1 Race 3 - March 12-14 Eastern Creek
1 25 A Josh BROOKES (NSW) / Castrol Honda Honda CBR 1000
2 2 A Shawn GILES (VIC) / Team Suzuki Suzuki GSXR 1000
3 95 A Robbie BAIRD (QLD) / Team Kawasaki Australia Kawasaki ZXR 1000

Shell Advance Australian Superbike Championship Round 2 Race 1 - April 17-18 Wakefield Park
1 25 A Josh BROOKES (NSW) / Castrol Honda Honda CBR 1000
2 74 A Adam FERGUSSON (VIC) / Castrol Honda Honda CBR 1000
3 42 A Shannon JOHNSON (VIC) / Nikon Yamaha Factory Race Team Yamaha R1 1000

Josh Brookes is leading the series, with Adam Ferguson second. Brookes won the Australian round of Supersport at Phillip Island as a wildcard.

·
Registered
425 Posts
What are the modification rules in that class? just curious because all the R1/ZX10 fanatics insist that the 1000rr can not keep up with the other bikes in stock trim but do well once heavily modified in the AMA superbike and WSB classes, but we all know that's BS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's an interesting observation. I understand that the Honda's were just about stock, they'd removed the HESD and replaced it with a standard steering damper, slicks, and an Akrapovic exhaust (I think). I recall Josh Brookes saying something like how impressed he was considering the bike was straight out of the crate on the Wednesday before the first round. And, it should be remembered that this is the series that has produced riders like Gardener, Doohan, Mladin, Vermeulen, Curtain, Bayliss and many more... not a bad breeding ground.

BTW, here's a picture of my previous baby... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
IronNutz,

Thanks... it was VERY hard selling her. She is the best handling bike I've ever ridden, the 'Blade is very close, but I'd revalve the front (maybe even respring too, depends on the sag) and put an Ohlins on the back.

That grab rail at the back is the bit that you can put on the Ventura rack system, you can swap the grab rail bit for a normal rack mount. Ventura make a REALLY good product, made in New Zealand.

Cheers - Demosthenes

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks hrvat2, I certainly loved my Millie, but I can't take her with me to Canada, something to do with compliance, only US and Canadian compliance plated vehicles are allowed to be imported. Here in Oz you can bring just about anything in.

I spent over $11,000 AUD on her, if you are interested you can see all the bits and pieces I added to her here.

Cheers - Demosthenes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.