Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CBR1000RA
16 Posts
Any / all pros & cons for either, neither, or another Honda year for 1000rr?

Here are the two available bikes?

OPTION A:
$5,000
2007 Honda CBR 1000rr
25,000 miles
color: black

OPTION B:
$10,000
2017 Honda CBR 1000rr
22,000 miles
color: black
Hello,

Is this a first bike? Just my opinion but I wouldn't go for either options. Are you limited to these bikes only? I would for sure keep looking and try looking on the Forum. I think you will have better and more reliable options here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
not really sure how far "south" you are in soflo, but I'm in noflo, around the Tallahassee area. looking at what is for sale on the web, some of these prices are about right and then some of them are outright crackhead prices. There are quite a few more options from what I'm seeing from about Gainesville on down. Also, $10K for a '17 with 22k miles on it is a little out there, even with how crazy the market is right now. Especially when I'm seeing brand new '21 bikes for $16k. Of course the price of those ever-so-lovely RR-R's hasn't even budged a bit... :mad::mad::mad:

Now, after all of these other guys have said their $0.02 worth, I'll throw mine in as well. I have owned a couple CBR600's and absolutely loved them. Then I stepped over the the Kawi side on an '06 636 with some very nice mods and that thing was an absolute blast. But then I decided it was time for a big boy bike and traded the 636 on an '18 cbr 1k and I have been in total love with that bike since. one of my coworkers is a huge cbr fan and he told me that once I step up to a liter bike, I'll never look at the 600's the same way... man was he right...

now, I'm not the fastest rider, nor am I a racer but as a casually aggressive street rider I can say there is a very noticeable difference in the sc77 and all the others. My buddy has a '12 cbr 1k and he has let me hoon it a couple times. it's a pretty well set up bike, but it's set up for him. Once I get a feel for it, I felt pretty confident on it when tossing it aound a few twisties I like to ride on. But then I get back on my '18 and there is a very noticeable difference in how the bike is built. First thing I noticed was how top heavy his felt compared to mine. then there was the slight power difference. I, like a few others here, do not care for, or like ABS so I made sure to avoid those. But then comes the other rider aides and man they are phenomenal. The "lean angle traction control" has saved me from skinning up the bike AND my own arse. The wheelie control, which is technically just traction control but it soulds cooler to call it wheelie control, is a blessing. with that much power on tap, I like to literally YANK to throttle open sometimes on the highway and that helps me and my overactive stupidity in check and not scattered all over the scenery. The TFT display is very very nice, especially at night and if you leave it to switch automatically, it will change with the ambient light to give you a better view of the readings. And the amount of tuneability for the sc77 is just bonkers. There are so many different ways to customize the power levels to suit you and the riding situation.

so I don't want to sound biased against the older bike, but I do prefer the newer bike for my own personal riding style. At the same time, I would also be looking for one with alot less miles on it, unless you know the person and know that they are as meticulous about maintainence are most of us on here are. I mean, I'm a Honda car technician, so I'm pretty strict about my own stuff.

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
859 Posts
That was worth at least $.04....:p
Also soflo went right over my head....I get it now.
I like this conversation. Hopefully it will help soflo in buying a bike.
But I'm liking all the feedback in case I ever jump from my 05.
Sweat is forming on my forehead just thinking about it....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
That was worth at least $.04....:p
Also soflo went right over my head....I get it now.
I like this conversation. Hopefully it will help soflo in buying a bike.
But I'm liking all the feedback in case I ever jump from my 05.
Sweat is forming on my forehead just thinking about it....:rolleyes:
most people miss the meaning of that acronym unless they are from the area or have lived here for any amount of time. I also like the conversation because it gives me some insight into some of the other bikes that I don't readily have access to. People's experience with something is always a good gauge to take into account when looking to buy something you haven't experienced yourself. I did ALOT of research on the sc77 (about 3-4 months worth) before I decided to pull the trigger on it.
So, if our collective insights can somehow help a fellow enthusiast make an informed and educated decision, then I'm all for putting forth my $.04, as you so eloquently put it... (y)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts