Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

Hook 'em!
What kind of passive aggressive reply is this?? He's offering his two cents in a lengthy, well written, and intimate review of two different bikes.... which he owns both! You make some negative comment like that and that just makes you a bitter ass person. Don't sit there for one second and try to back peddle either. "DiDn'T rEaLiZe I WaS rEQuiReD tO TraCK eItHer BiKE."

Well guess what bud?!? You don't have either bike so you should probably just not reply. This was a review between two bikes, not a place for you to hijack and make about yourself. Honda and Ducati didn't over-engineer a sport bike just for you to do 65mph legally down the highway. So it's fair to say these bikes have track utility. That's all he's saying. So maybe you should just read the service manual for your 2017 and sit this one out lil fella.
Hey fuckstick, I merely replied to his thread. This is the title:
"Which bike is right for you? The V4S vs. RR-R SP debate..."
@roadracerx is a big boy. I don't think he needs your help. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Hook 'em!
@Bevo I get it but I am not aware of any manufacturer that DOES NOT make it clear what needs to be done by what time for street use. I am just saying a bike used on track frequently will cut those intervals down significantly. Most manufacturers won't even tell you what to do in that scenario. Aprilia will as I have this info, but I have not seen any printed guidance from any other manufacturer so I typically do a re-build at 2,000-2,500 miles which is about every other end of season (2 years of track days and racing).
Yup, I realize that maintenance for any vehicle used under extreme conditions should be done more frequently than what is required under "normal" conditions.

Hook 'em!
I hope you dont follow the 8K mile interval and 16K filter interval on the CBR. That is obscene for anyone who pushes it moderately. Well, I am certailny NOT waiting 8K miles to change the oil on a hi rev engine, that does get used....
Since I've owned 4 different brand new CBRs since 2009 (plus a few other bikes), I'm totally unconcerned with oil related engine failures. If I break my toy, I'll just buy a new one. (y)

Hook 'em!
Dear Diary... It rained again today.. 2 meaningless days on Earth that I had to spend sulking. Nothing but 48 hours of wasted time. Tomorrow looks to be partly wasted with a chance of riding, let's hope for the best so I don't have to bear my mere existence not being on my bike.

Do you know how dumb this sounds? This is a motorcycle, it's not self-healing machinery. It yields to the laws of friction. If you are going to own a motorcycle, prepare to deal with the consequences. There are going to be days when you are not riding the bike. Have you ever heard of quality over quantity?? 10 amazing days riding is better than 20 bad days. Take the good with the bad... All riding and no maintenance makes Bevo have dull spark, a dirty filter, low compression, a slipping clutch, and bald tires.
Thanks for your concern, sweetheart. 馃槏 My bikes are well maintained.

Premium Member
Hey fuckstick, I merely replied to his thread. This is the title:
"Which bike is right for you? The V4S vs. RR-R SP debate..."
@roadracerx is a big boy. I don't think he needs your help. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
Awww... Getting frustrated lil fella???

Yup, I realize that maintenance for any vehicle used under extreme conditions should be done more frequently than what is required under "normal" conditions.
Would stop and go traffic in July heat be considered "extreme" or "normal" conditions?

Since I've owned 4 different brand new CBRs since 2009 (plus a few other bikes), I'm totally unconcerned with oil related engine failures. If I break my toy, I'll just buy a new one. (y)
Humble Brag or....????? Please list all bikes if trying to brag, we need to know Bevo.

Thanks for your concern, sweetheart. 馃槏 My bikes are well maintained.
Doesn't sound like it, sounds like you want maintenance free bikes so you don't lose a second of seat time.

Registered
Why so many? Engine keeps blowing up? 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

I mean that鈥檚 a way of not doing maintenance, by a new one. 馃ぃ

so you are concerned with valve adjustment etc. intervals, when you won鈥檛 even get to that? LOL

Reactions: davidalshire21

Hook 'em!
Why so many? Engine keeps blowing up? 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

I mean that鈥檚 a way of not doing maintenance, by a new one. 馃ぃ

so you are concerned with valve adjustment etc. intervals, when you won鈥檛 even get to that? LOL
'Cause I like to buy motorcycles. Again, my bikes are well maintained and they've never had a mechanical failure. You're welcome

Hook 'em!
Awww... Getting frustrated lil fella???

Would stop and go traffic in July heat be considered "extreme" or "normal" conditions?

Humble Brag or....????? Please list all bikes if trying to brag, we need to know Bevo.

Doesn't sound like it, sounds like you want maintenance free bikes so you don't lose a second of seat time.
I'm in Houston, sucka, so it's warm here a lot of the time. Just because traffic is stop and go doesn't mean I am, hobo joe 馃ぃ

Premium Member
'Cause I like to buy motorcycles. Again, my bikes are well maintained and they've never had a mechanical failure. You're welcome
Still waiting on that list of bikes...

I'm in Houston, sucka, so it's warm here a lot of the time. Just because traffic is stop and go doesn't mean I am, hobo joe 馃ぃ
I live on the equator 6 months out of the year so it's pretty warm here also but I know how people in Houston like to claim it's the hottest place on earth. Last I checked, lane splitting was still illegal in Texas. Are you bragging about your blatant disregard for the law?

Hook 'em!
Still waiting on that list of bikes...

I live on the equator 6 months out of the year so it's pretty warm here also but I know how people in Houston like to claim it's the hottest place on earth. Last I checked, lane splitting was still illegal in Texas. Are you bragging about your blatant disregard for the law?
Yup, you are waiting. I'm not bragging about shit. I'm not here to try to impress you. I'm just stating facts, Sugar pie honey bunch 馃槝

Premium Member
Yup, you are waiting. I'm not bragging about shit. I'm not here to try to impress you. I'm just stating facts, Sugar pie honey bunch 馃槝
Not only have you not stated any facts, but i'm pretty sure you haven't posted anything useful either. Please don't call me sweet nothings (sweet heart, sugar pie honey bunch, f*ckstick) on an internet forum, I like women, i'm not trying to "lock horns" with you Bevo. You are wasting precious riding time on this forum! Get out there in that Houston heat and lane split! We know you have no interest in track days, so enjoy!

Hook 'em!
Not only have you not stated any facts, but i'm pretty sure you haven't posted anything useful either. Please don't call me sweet nothings (sweet heart, sugar pie honey bunch, f*ckstick) on an internet forum, I like women, i'm not trying to "lock horns" with you Bevo. You are wasting precious riding time on this forum! Get out there in that Houston heat and lane split! We know you have no interest in track days, so enjoy!
Umkay 馃ぃ

1249271195_jr4b0471.jpg

FYI, I'll be back on my bike in less than 90 minutes

Premium Member
馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

FYI, I'll be back on my bike in less than 90 minutes
Yes, I saw that the first time you said it... Please! I'm begging you, please don't waste any more time arguing with me today, you are wasting valuable seat time!!! Get out there and ride! But don't put too many miles on or you will hit that next service interval and have down time. It's a vicious cycle 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Hook 'em!
Yes, I saw that the first time you said it... Please! I'm begging you, please don't waste any more time arguing with me today, you are wasting valuable seat time!!! Get out there and ride! But don't put too many miles on or you will hit that next service interval and have down time. It's a vicious cycle 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
As always, I'll be just fine and in less than 45 minutes I'll be back on the bike

Registered
Are us SC77 owners not allowed to have opinions on the SC82 or other bikes we may or may not own?

Personally, I do all my own maintenance, and while I love the style, character, and engine configuration of the Ducati V4 and Aprillia RSV4, potential reliability issues keep me at bay. Desmo valves seem like a bitch to adjust, and I remember seeing many reports of RSV4 engines grenading.

Ironically though my SC77 has had 2 seperate oil leaks since new (1800 miles so far). My last cbr (600) ran flawlessly well past 50k miles though so I expect this motor to do the same. My 600 was ridden hard too, never a day without seeing 13k+

Registered
He is gonna buy a new bike, fool. 馃ぃ

Reactions: davidalshire21
21 - 40 of 57 Posts