Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

Can't Spell
Dam Bevo, someone got a hard on for you big time. You must drag elbow for him to be so offended haha

Reactions: jehanzeb and Bevo

Can't Spell

Registered
No one talked about how the V4 sounded like vs the inline 4.
If that's of any value to your ears, it may be worth something in hard currency.

Reactions: HP17

Registered
Interesting that the Yamaha Crossplane crankshaft inline-4 is able to produce a similar sound ...

Registered
No one talked about how the V4 sounded like vs the inline 4.
If that's of any value to your ears, it may be worth something in hard currency.
Everyone should consider how the CLUTCH sounds. For some it could be reason enough NOT to get the Ducati.:D:D

Reactions: bored&stroked

Registered
Luscious ... sound ... yummy

Registered
IMHO R1 and RSV4 are a tie for best-sounding bikes!
I think the Aprilia sounds best, and the R1/R1M is second.

The Ducati V4S sounds completely different at lower rpms than higher rpms. When my V4S is idling, sometimes Harley riders look to see what they're hearing. I have the full Akrapovic titanium exhaust on the V4S.

Above 8K rpms the CBR1000RR-R sounds good IMHO.

San

Registered
I think the Aprilia sounds best, and the R1/R1M is second.

The Ducati V4S sounds completely different at lower rpms than higher rpms. When my V4S is idling, sometimes Harley riders look to see what they're hearing. I have the full Akrapovic titanium exhaust on the V4S.

Above 8K rpms the CBR1000RR-R sounds good IMHO.

San
You have a nice fleet!
I may have to pick your brain about the S10000RR M vs the M1000RR.

Registered
You have a nice fleet!
I may have to pick your brain about the S10000RR M vs the M1000RR.
Thanks.

At a "starting price" of $32,900, I'd doubt the extra money is worth the end result. Figure several thousand more for the top model and after tax, destination etc., you're looking at ~$40K.

San

Can't Spell
I don't know why but the RSV4 sounds amazing while the R1 sounds like crap to me.

Reactions: artthury

Registered
Looks like most people in this thread agree that the RSV4 sounds like a rich toned news anchor-woman whilst the R1 sounds good but has a bit of an accent. :unsure::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Where is Professor Higgins (of the Pygmalion play) when you need him?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts