Trackday junkie
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for boots
help decide which ones and why
A* smx-r
A* smx plus
Sidi Vertigo

the smx-r is the cheapest, vertigo is like $10 more expensive than smx-r, and the smx plus ones are $30 more expensive than smx-r's, so the price is not that important

thanx in advance:thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
whichever fits the best.... I like sidi s but the y dont fit my feet they are cut very skinny. I love my a stars, because they are comfortable. They will all protect pretty damn good so get what fits your foot

·
bleh
202 Posts
I like these suckers for the street/daily rides.

Very comfortable, vents decently, lots of ankle movement with thick protection (but prolly not a lot of ankle breakage protection).

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the SMX-Plus and really, really like them.

Oddly, I tried on a set of A* Supertechs and they were quite narrow, too narrow. The SMX-Plus are wider through the front of the foot.

I've never had the chance to try on Sidi's, but they look burly as hell and tough to get on and off.

The SMX-Plus are a snap to take on and off, which is good for me as I don't leave the driveway without wearing them.

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
TH, no offense but those seem as supported and protective as a pair of hole ridden ankle socks.
Look into them, Cappy. Those are the equivalent of wrapping tanks around your feets.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm looking at the same ones, but also the XPD XP7-R. Seen that?

·
Registered
334 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.