Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im picking up a Black 1000RR on Wednesday of next week and have to order my gear on Monday. I have narrowed it down to the Arai Quantum II (04) or RX-7 Corsair, but not sure which color scheme to get. Also, I will not be racing on the track and have heard that the Corsair can be a bit loud and I don't need it if I'm not going to run at the track. What do you guys think?

2004 Quantum II "Tattoo"

RX-7 Corsair Hayden Replica Black

I have always like the Edwards in Black and Silver, but maybe a little too much silver for the black CBR. I also like the fact that the Tattoo has some red in it. The Hayden rep is alittle agressive for my style, but I like it for some reason. That damn smiling cat on the back is the sh*t.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The RX7 is the loudest helmet I've ever worn, but generally loud in a nicer full face also means it is venting well. I've never worn a Quantum while riding, so I can't tell you how much quieter it is, but I'm sure it's a decent amount. For reference, a Quantum will be just fine if you do decide to go to the track anyway. As far as designs go, I think that Tattoo design looks pretty bad ass.

·
Registered
688 Posts
im looking at my new helmet that matches my bike like a glove
but i wont say becuase ill get snaked :p

i ride the rf-900 and i like it mucho nice helmet

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well just got back from the parts department, and the Edwards is not really a choice anymore cause most places are out of the 03 Arai stock. So it's either the quantum tattoo or the rx-7 hayden rep. I tried both on today and found something strange..

With the quantum, the XL was a good fit, but a little loose..and the L was way too small. But in the RX-7, the L fit like a glove...but maybe too snug.

How are helmets supposed to fit? Are the supposed to be really snug when you buy them cause eventually they break in? If that's the case, then I'm weary to get the XL Quantum now cause it may eventually be too loose.

Damn, and then I made the mistake of trying on the Shoei X-11 which fit great..although I don't like most of their designs.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
#1. Yes they should fit snug, not uncomfortable but snug.

#2. Buy the one that fits the best. Rider comfort is key to being able to pay attention fully to what you are doing, and safety is most important which is what is achieved with a proper fit. Buying an improper fitting helmet based solely on paint scheme would be incredibly gay and squid like.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
immortal said:
buy my quantam-II ...it's a large and its cheap! its in the for sale section.... i bought a large cause it felt good at first but now it loosened up way too much and i should have gotten a medium.
um yeah buddy, the L Quantum did not fit at all. I could tell that even if it loosened up it wouldn't fit.

So the L RX-7 huh? Well, the Quantum XL fit good in some places and loose in others, but the parts guy said he could tell it might be a little loose casue it was really easy for me to slip it on and off...and if its loose now, it will be really loose later. And that's why I should go with the L RX-7. It was pretty snug, but he said by the time it loosens up, it will fit perfect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your dealer should be able to measure your head and tell you what size shell you need. I think arai sells different thickness pads to help with fit. I have the quantum and corsair. The corsair is definitly louder, loudest helmet I've ever worn. It is also the coolest so if you live in a warm climate I think the trade off is worth it. A little more noise too keep the noodle cool.

G

·
It depends on which fits you better...the Quantim and the RX-7 Corsair fit differently...which ever fits your head the best...get that one. I'm looking at the Tattoo Quantim in white/black myself...and that red/black looks sick...I'd probably opt to that if it fits you the best.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I went with the Quantum II in L, but it's back ordered until July..so my parts guy hooked me up with an HJC CL-14 Tribe for $100, usually $160 and a free tinted visor, normally $20...honestly, it's not too bad for $100.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.