·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
fred900 said:
How much did you pay?
Is their a big difference?
Was it easy to install?

I won mine, so $0.

Haven't had a chance to install it--no rush, since I don't have a different exhaust; and there's no enhanced map for a stock bike, just a Zero map.

It's supposed to get cold again (high in low 40s), so I'll probably install in in the next few days.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just got mine last night.

Haven't installed it yet - not sure if I plan to right away. I'd like to get a stock dyno run in, then install the PC, then do another couple runs to tune it.

Probably won't do exhaust for a while.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Leonardo629 said:
Call Mike's Cycle Shop (920)734-3363, and ask for Jaime.

I was quoted $259 plus about $10 of shipping...
That would be a great price, considering dealer cost on them is $271.

Edit: As I recall, the 1000RR PC3-USB is more expensive than the PC3-USB for most other bikes - be sure they're not quoting you the usual PC3-USB price. I think cost on the other PC3s is $236.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
theJrod said:
Leonardo629 said:
Call Mike's Cycle Shop (920)734-3363, and ask for Jaime.

I was quoted $259 plus about $10 of shipping...
That would be a great price, considering dealer cost on them is $271.

Edit: As I recall, the 1000RR PC3-USB is more expensive than the PC3-USB for most other bikes - be sure they're not quoting you the usual PC3-USB price. I think cost on the other PC3s is $236.
What's the part # for the PC3-usb so we get the right one for that price?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Dragger said:
Not much room under the rear seat for the PC. The PC instructions show installing it where the tool kit goes, that sort of sucks. Anyone have thoughts on were else you might mount the PC?
You could always stick it right behind one of the panels on the side, where it'll get destroyed in a low side. That's where Honda put the ECU, so it must be a great location... :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I installed my powercommander last week, and I put it in the left side pocket opposite the tool kit, and moved the manual to the center of the underseat compartment. I bought it from Jamie at Mike's cycle out of Wisconsin also, $271 shipped. I noticed a big difference, more top end power, but the midrange smoothing and torque increases are impressive.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am using the base map, because it is supposedly configured for a box stock bike. the off idle hiccup is improved, and there were major torque gains noticed in the midrange. I cant wait to get my Akrapovic full system to play with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.