Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Two Brothers C2 slip on my F4i for 6 years and never had any issues. I guess the rubber protector around the mounting clamp tore after three years, called up Two Brothers and they sent me a free one with in a week, no questions asked. I thought that was great customer service. A buddy has had the full Two Brothers system on his 954 for five years and no issues, it sounds great. Ive been reading and reviewing the arrow, akra, arata, and leo vince slips ons to see if they are worth the extra money but I still like the sounds of a two brother slip on the bike better than any others (soley based on online videos). Can I hear feedback on why Two Brothers seems to be unpopular or as "squidly" as I read somewhere on here recently?

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
because most of us look for power gains with every mod. Buying a two mothers is spending a bunch of money to make the bike louder and loose power..............

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lot of people say the same about Jardine which I have and loved for a year and a half. Go with what you like and no worries about what E critics say. It's your bike no need to impress anyone here. Unless your spending thousands on getting it tuned for the track don't worry you have more than you can use on the street:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'm going to be a hypocrite here. just go with whatever you like...

but on a side note, two bros quality is not as good as arrows, akra, leo, and other ones that are up there.

·
'08 1000RR Black & Yellow
533 Posts
i'm going to be a hypocrite here. just go with whatever you like...

but on a side note, two bros quality is not as good as arrows, akra, leo, and other ones that are up there.
hence why they're several hundred more $$$ in most cases and why most people go with the lower quality stuff.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I luv my 2, loud and looks good to me.

·
UncleSamsMisguidedChild
368 Posts
I think they are fugly. However, get what you like. I wont ask questions.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
1. Loud with little to no power gains, and in some cases, a loss of power
2. Look like chit

As has been mentioned, Akrapovic, Leo Vinci, and the Japanese mfr's (Arata, Sato) offer better welding, power gains, etc. If you just want to fart pipe your bike (like some dipchit Civic driver) to make it loud, then pick whatever you like. I'm not a big fan of loud exhausts just to be loud. When I see this on bikes it's the same thing as the lil F&F crowd putting coffee can sized exhausts on their cars just to make noise.

·
Banned
50,059 Posts
1. Loud with little to no power gains, and in some cases, a loss of power
2. Look like chit

As has been mentioned, Akrapovic, Leo Vinci, and the Japanese mfr's (Arata, Sato) offer better welding, power gains, etc. If you just want to fart pipe your bike (like some dipchit Civic driver) to make it loud, then pick whatever you like. I'm not a big fan of loud exhausts just to be loud. When I see this on bikes it's the same thing as the lil F&F crowd putting coffee can sized exhausts on their cars just to make noise.
Amen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
also would like to add that two brothers....same pipe being put on every single bike, which everyone can do themselves...Hell, you can take the R1 dual pipes and put them on two R6s and they'll look the same as the model specific ones.

other top companies have more than just one design for different bikes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input guys! The last C2 on my F4i was not loud (when compared to Hindle or Micron), just had a nice deep sound at lower RPMs over stock that I liked. I understand too about the coffee can exhaust, I cant stand seeing a 5" tailpipe on a 4 cyl dodge neon. WTF? I did not realize that all the pipes/canisters used were the same. Good to know. On my sleds I used to run MBRP cans for a louder exhaust and primarily weight savings. Got to the point I did not like it being louder, could lead to pissed off land owners so I sold the exhuast and actually gained mpg and mid range. On my truck I run a Magnaflow system which sound nice, not too loud or too quiet, well made and gained some hp as well. Unsure about the over designed comment but my last pipe was simple aluminum with a small metal name plate riveted to the can. After my bike got ran over and then I laid it down, the pipe survived both times. The last time I wet sanded and repolished it. It came out looking great, put it in the factory packaging and sold it for half of what I paid for it 6 years and almost 14k miles earlier. Maybe I can make myself like the sound of the akrapovic slip on, problem is Ive never heard one in person but I hear nothing but great reviews on their products. Maybe the Akra prices for slip ons posted previously might just qualify for the 08-09 but I doubt it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
since you been riding for a while....i REAAAAALY do think it's time for you to actually give the big boys a try, and not play with the little brothers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had one on my F4i and loved it. I did not have any quality issues at all. Nice deep rumble and sure it was loud but not that bad.

As for power gains, I don't go to the track which ='s not really having a reason to try and squeeze 100% of the power out of the bike. I suspect most of us are in the same camp. Those of you who aren't more power to ya, to each their own.

With that said I went with a Akra on my 07 1000rr as I thought it looked the cleanest out of everything that was available. I like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
8,380 Posts
A little article I wrote on exhausts.

http://www.rc51.org/exhaust.htm

Most don't take the time to actually read it, but if you do it will open your eyes and give you a better understanding of why so many people on this forum think they way they do when it comes to performance upgrades

·
Resident Brit™
393 Posts
Interesting read LDH and thanks for making the effort, however it seems that since your write up things have changed quite a bit. The 08 blade is a totally different kettle of fish when it comes down to its power and applicable exhausts that will make 2-3hp if your lucky let alone the bigger numbers of bikes from as little as 2-3 years ago.

Micron have since gone tits up and Sato have not made an exhaust for the blade in 4-5 years according to their website (05-06 exhaust only) maybe even they being so good are having troubles with yeliding results in the newer blade for definite.

Akrapovic for me have alsways been overpriced with little gains compared to the smaller less known companies making exhausts that work and spread by word of mouth not so much how much R&D budget you can slash off to advertise your stuff.

The RR8/RR9 is probably one of the worst bikes to tune for because so many variations for different countries and where a tweak on the midrange might work ok for a US bike it may hamper a UK bike, obviously this is where the magic boxes and tuning comes in.

However people should not have to buy a PC for a slip on as thats the point of using the manufacturers headers is that they have got the most they can out of that combination and it keeps the cost down at the end of the day, we all know this is not the case but advertising is a powerful tool for the ill informed.

At the end of the day if you want performance you will pay the extra if you want noise/tone you will listen to many and pick what you like (to contradict the review, if you cant gain much from any exhaust surely looks and sound then play a part?)

anyway enuff rambling buy what you like you have to pay for it and you have to live with it, screw logic or willy waving, get on your bike and ride it.

Russ

·
Premium Member
8,380 Posts
Interesting read LDH and thanks for making the effort, however it seems that since your write up things have changed quite a bit. The 08 blade is a totally different kettle of fish when it comes down to its power and applicable exhausts that will make 2-3hp if your lucky let alone the bigger numbers of bikes from as little as 2-3 years ago.

Micron have since gone tits up and Sato have not made an exhaust for the blade in 4-5 years according to their website (05-06 exhaust only) maybe even they being so good are having troubles with yeliding results in the newer blade for definite.

Akrapovic for me have alsways been overpriced with little gains compared to the smaller less known companies making exhausts that work and spread by word of mouth not so much how much R&D budget you can slash off to advertise your stuff.

The RR8/RR9 is probably one of the worst bikes to tune for because so many variations for different countries and where a tweak on the midrange might work ok for a US bike it may hamper a UK bike, obviously this is where the magic boxes and tuning comes in.

However people should not have to buy a PC for a slip on as thats the point of using the manufacturers headers is that they have got the most they can out of that combination and it keeps the cost down at the end of the day, we all know this is not the case but advertising is a powerful tool for the ill informed.

At the end of the day if you want performance you will pay the extra if you want noise/tone you will listen to many and pick what you like (to contradict the review, if you cant gain much from any exhaust surely looks and sound then play a part?)

anyway enuff rambling buy what you like you have to pay for it and you have to live with it, screw logic or willy waving, get on your bike and ride it.

Russ
The Arata Slip-on is producing 6HP for the 08-09 1000RR that's a pretty damn good example of proper R&D work in my opinion so I guess not that much has changed eh...

& People should be buying a Powercommander to increase the throttle response & linear power delivery of their bike period not because they are buying an exhaust. I would much rather have a Powercommander with a stock exhaust than an aftermarket exhaust without a Powercommander

Oh Wait I do... :D

1 - 20 of 189 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.