Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to track down a '09 black cbr1000. Only one came into the state and the dealers say I can't even put money down on one because Honda has not announced when and if they are making more. Nor are there any in mother Honda inventory.
I know that there a lot of '08 left over’s, but none that I can find in all black.
I also know that I sure Honda is trying to help out there dealers on the '08s. I also know I want a black one and there is no way I'm spending that kind of money on something I didn't want. As a side note, you can find the "LIMITED" edition at ever other shop you go to.:shrug:.
I talked to mother Honda today and they said they would ruin a search, but would not tell me if there would be any more made. The closest one I found was 1200 miles away and he wants 15k:beat:.
What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
by limited do you mean the REPSOL? Our shops here still haven't got any REPSOLs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy the new Yamaha.

Maybe the Gixxer?
All ready have two bikes (both honda if anyone from Mother Honda is smart enough to read this boards) so I'm in no rush, but trust me when I say if they make if this diffacault they will be burning a bridge with me!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't mind getting on a plane for the right deal, but it got to be a good one. Plus there isn't much to see on way home to Utah :(

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
cause they have money out the wazoo. they sent me a dollar in the mail today with a free survey.

feel as jealous as you like

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
cause they have money out the wazoo. they sent me a dollar in the mail today with a free survey.

Give them my address and have them send me a hundred survey's. I'll fill 'em out. I could use the dough.

Is that enuogh jealousy for ya Dragon

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
hehe sure :D

·
Banned
20,313 Posts
All ready have two bikes (both honda if anyone from Mother Honda is smart enough to read this boards) so I'm in no rush, but trust me when I say if they make if this diffacault they will be burning a bridge with me!
For one I bet Honda could give a shit about this forum and two, I could almost guarantee they don't give a shit if you buy a Kawi.

·
Majnieto
344 Posts

·
excessiveadrenaline.com
233 Posts

I got the same survey but I dont think it was specifically from Honda at least it didnt say it was. My dollar looked like they roled it off a crack dealer too.

·
Majnieto
344 Posts
For one I bet Honda could give a shit about this forum and two, I could almost guarantee they don't give a shit if you buy a Kawi.
Yup!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Dude buy an 08 for two grand less and spend 800 bucks to have it painted purple if thats what you wanted. Everything that needs to be painted is plastic and removable so really you could get that whole bike done perfect for like 600 without even knowing someone. And that paint will hold up way better than what honda has put on the recent blades.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is one here in Abilene Texas. My solution was to buy new mid fairings in 09 black for my 08. Kept the silver upper cowl and tail. BTW changing out the entire two fairings was FUBAR! I don't know what they were smoking when they designed them but I'd be afraid to try it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts