Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
well, to take that further why would you want a 600rr for the street? They are both way to fast. I happen to own both so I can answer this pretty well. I think the 1000rr makes a better street bike because it has so much more power down low which makes it alot easier to ride. With the 600 you have to get it up higher in the RPM range. You just have to twist the throttle on the 1000rr and it doesn't really matter which gear your in it just goes. I love both bikes, and I could make arguments for both but that is the main reason I like the 1000rr better. It Corner's so well that your realy not giving up much in that department either. If cost was a huge factor I would get the 600 and still smile ear to ear every time I rode it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Was going to buy a 600rr but I couldn't afford it at the time. Now I am able to buy either. I wanted a new inline 4 since I already have the twin(TLS). I owned a 95F3 and I had to rev it to the moon to make good power. The 1000 power delivery is what I wanted. They are both great bikes. I just think the 1000 will fit the way I ride. No tap dancing on the shift when I want to over take cars or trying to get a good drive. I guess I'm just lazy thats all. :oops: Plus I like the fact that all the latest review are sucking for the 1000(same with the 600) and I wanna spank some of these magazine reading / trash talking clowns at some local track days!

·
Registered
459 Posts
realistically, a 600 would have been fine. i was planning on a 600rr as my 2nd bike, but fell in love with the 1000rr when i saw it at the bike show in december. i saw it, sat on it, and that was it...i had to have one. i can't really explain it (and there's no justifying it, really)...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If you have ridden a 600 on the street, you would know why. Torque. Any current 1000 is great for the street because it's got mad power on tap. For the track, I might prefer the 600RR at this point (More managable power), but would be happy with either.

BTW, I'm not sure where you were reading that the 1/4 miles were close to the same as each other stock. They are a good 3/4 of a second apart with a 15 mph difference. Talk to anyone that races, a second is an eternity.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
Before I even thought about buying the 1000RR, my mind was set to get a new 600. I wanted lighter weight and less insurance premiums. Keep in mind that I've been riding either a Superhawk or the RC51 since 1998. So I hop on my buddies brand new '04 R6 and take it for a spin. "Not bad", I'm thinking. A little anemic under 7000 rpm, but something I might be able to live with. Very smooth motor. Not a hint of buzziness. It is the lightest of the new 600s and has as much power as the 25 lb heavier 600RR, and it seemed to turn in pretty well. I pull into the gas station we stopped at, dismount, and give my impressions.

Skindragger, who was on the ride with us, says, "Okay, now take the 1000RR out for a spin, just for comparison." Sheeit, ain't gotta tell me twice! So I hop on, and, even after almost taking myself out with a rather large deer, I come back alive, bike in one piece, and VERY impressed. I was pretty much speechless, and fell instantly in love with the bike. The next day we do another ride and we do a top gear roll on between the '02 RC51 and the 1000RR. All I got was a great view of the underseat exhaust and the fumes that went along with it.

A week later I bought one. The rest is history.

It's your choice. If you've been riding IL4 bikes with under 100hp all your life, you'll never know what you're missing. But if you've ever owned or ridden a modern literbike, this one is the cream of the crop. Make the decision you won't regret. Buy the 1000RR.

·
Huge Member
707 Posts
Mark9738377 said:
if a 1000RR and a 600RR do almost the same time in a 1/4 mile why would you want a 1000? isnt a 160mph fast enough for the street? just wonndering.........................
Just like everyone else on has said the difference is 1) the amount of power available to you 2) when you have it available.
The zx-6r (636) that I traded in for my 1000rr had a lot of power, but I had to be at some ungodly high rpm to get it. That means a bunch more shifting and waiting for the motor to spin up.
I bet if you take a CBR 1krr for a spin after riding any 600 the first thing you will notice is that the bike has not only has a cubic a$$ ton of power but it has it whenever you need it. :twisted:
That being said I do have to say that you need to be careful with the 1000's power because if you are not careful with the throttle the bike can get away from you very easily.
Both are great bikes and you will have fun on either one.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Here is a great example. First day I got my bike, my buddy that just bought a 04 600RR met me down at the shop and we go for the brea-in ride together. Later in the day we are doing about 60m.p.h. in top gear and we do a roll on. Wasn't even close. I barely cracked the throttle and pull him so hard it was over before it began. Now think of the same situation in traffic on the freeway where you don't have time to downshioft 3 gears and you need the power now. On the 1000RR you have it on tap in any gear, not so with the 600's. I still like 600's alot. I almost bought one instead of the 1000RR. But I'm very happy with the 1000RR and I probably won't ever have a 600 for the street again.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
JAB3 said:
I bet if you take a CBR 1krr for a spin after riding any 600 the first thing you will notice is that the bike has not only has a cubic a$$ ton of power but it has it whenever you need it. :twisted:
You know JAB, I think you're on to something there. I think they need to start measuring everything in "Cubic a$$ ton's". :D

G

·
...Torque makes a HUGE difference...fugg "stats" They're lame, too many people rely on that kinda shit when they go to buy a bike...it's annoying...like, when the new '04 liter bike shoot out just came out...Honda has the slowest 100 mph time...by like.. .03 seconds...who cares...most of the people aren't going to use their bikes to their fullest potential...and if you are, you should be getting paid to ride. IMO I love the power liter bikes throw out...makes me feel more wreckless. :devil:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I owned an 03 600RR, put 7000 miles on it, loved everything about it. Got the 1000RR 1 year later, all the qualities of the 600 are there, but with ALOT more torque. You really cant understand until you`ve felt the torque of a liter bike. It does handle a bit heavier than the 600, part of that is the steering damper, but IMO is corners better. More grip, more stablility and the power lets you spin up the rear tire to square off corners while carrying more speed than on the 600. It feels alot like the 600RR, but with a JATO rocket strapped to the back.
Lets not forget the radial mount brakes, there is a difference there compared to the 600.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
SheSpawn said:
OK OK, I gotta know. I rode my husband's gixxer 600 this morning, and I foudn the throttle to be quite twitchy as compared to my 1KRR, is this the same on the 600RR, or is it as smooth.
My bud has an 04 600RR and the throttle is just as smooth as my 1kRR.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.