Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, HP17 posted a picture of a Winter ride, so I figured I better keep up, so I went out for a ride today...
Flagstaff, Arizona between 7,000 feet and 8,500 feet....
Sky Mountain Wheel Tire Vehicle

Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Mountain

Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Sky Motorcycle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Snow

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Anybody else out for Winter Rides?....post up.....excludes Florida...:p

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,006 Posts
Beautiful...! No, I've not taken my SP out since they threw down salt on the roads, (it still hasn't snowed yet, but tonight could be the night). I def. plan to ride the Tenere 700 in most all condition, 'cept for icy, :D

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Same here main roads were clear Temps in the 40s. But wet spots + salt = ain't taking none of mine out. Maybe trailer one south next month for chits & giggles.😁

Reactions: mountain CBR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exactly. Salt or rain. My baby stays in the garage.
Of course I will ride my Husaberg in anything

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'm a little lucky here. No salt, and mostly sunny days. When we get snow, it can snow alot, but the roads are cleared and it's dry and sunny. Just have to wait for a little temperature rise. We have pretty big temp swings....it can be single digits at night and low 50s in the afternoon.
Sky Snow Tree Slope Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I guess I'm a little lucky here. No salt, and mostly sunny days. When we get snow, it can snow alot, but the roads are cleared and it's dry and sunny. Just have to wait for a little temperature rise. We have pretty big temp swings....it can be single digits at night and low 50s in the afternoon.
View attachment 264213
Wow. What I would give for a clean road!. Over the weekend it was -32°
Windchill made it -58. When the storm winds hit.
IM JEALOUSY!!!!

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's pretty darn cold. I don't ride as much during the Winter. But I still try to get out every 7 to 10 days. I look for those days when it warms up just a bit.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Yeah it is. Back in Ohio we would ride whenever it was clean and dry. Bikes live cold air. Especially near freezing. We would hit the highway and go screaming for 40 or 50 miles then cruise back home colder than witch tits..but we'll worth the pain..

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
That's pretty darn cold. I don't ride as much during the Winter. But I still try to get out every 7 to 10 days. I look for those days when it warms up just a bit.
I forgot to show you Sat afternoon temps.
Watch Heart rate monitor Clock Temperature Gas
. that's without the 45mph wind chill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts