Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
What holes do you need to drill?are you talking for the turn signal and kill switch? I just cut the tabs on the switches off and put a piece of 2 sided tape under the switch. They don't move at all.

Yep the process of installing the bars is pretty easy but adjusting them to your liking and routing cables takes some time for sure.
As for making the bars identical on both sides, motion pro and a couple others make a tool for just this purpose.

ABS brake lines are more expensive because there are more lines. Not sure who makes longer ABS cables, try coro moto. If they don't list them on their site try contacting them

·
Registered
242 Posts
I thought about 4” but then when you consider infinite adjust like side all angles back and forth you can gain an extra couple inches there also.

I’m looking for more upright so your easier and back issues and if it fails then just by 4” separate part as shipping was cheap $35 to Au.

my main concern though is drilling hole and sticking with it. As they go on about infinite adjust but that means more holes drilled.. neverlone making them identical angles side to side.

I foresee many happy hrs in garage when they come to at least get base std happening / as far as oem cables allow me as I’m yet to find where/who will do custom cable lengths for abs brakes.

btw why are abs brake cables a few hundred more then non abs??
I think it's important to note that you only need one line that is different! That is the line going from the master cylinder to the "2-line block" in front of the radiator. Everything below that is OEM length. So just buy a normal kit from Galfer for $150 (only $50 more than non-ABS) then custom order that one line you need to be 1.5 inches longer. Each custom line is $90... so that's not exactly cheap.

No point custom ordering every other line since that will turn out crazy expensive.

If you were in the US I would gladly ship you that line since I just so happen to have one that 1.5 inches longer than OEM lying around. This is the part I'm referring to.

Reactions: Kidnplay01

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks all, will update once I get items ready for install.

Going with +3" from the abs module as noted above anything below the ABS module being from the caliper to near the top of radiator is just wasted and more expensive line the OEM.

Any extra from ABS to MC can be better then having not enough along with making sure I get the custom Brembo Banjo bolt whilst at it.

Those not in the know OEM honda bolt wont fit into Brembo MC, and Brembo comes with a double Banjo bolt as many ppl bypass the ABS due to being a track bike so they have 2 lines from Caliper to MC. But those of us who want the ABS still the Brembo has a different pitch bolt so I ordered this in preparation with my brake lines by stating need X bolt for a single banjo Brembo set up.

Being in Australia I have a local source to customise the Goodridge line as they are the country distributor and gave better then local RRP.

So any Aussies in need hit up Alan at John Stamnas.

John Stamnas Pty Ltd
Goodridge Performance Parts : Frando Brake System
07 54 477 411 www.johnstamnas.com

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks all, will update once I get items ready for install.

Going with +3" from the abs module as noted above anything below the ABS module being from the caliper to near the top of radiator is just wasted and more expensive line the OEM.

Any extra from ABS to MC can be better then having not enough along with making sure I get the custom Brembo Banjo bolt whilst at it.

Those not in the know OEM honda bolt wont fit into Brembo MC, and Brembo comes with a double Banjo bolt as many ppl bypass the ABS due to being a track bike so they have 2 lines from Caliper to MC. But those of us who want the ABS still the Brembo has a different pitch bolt so I ordered this in preparation with my brake lines by stating need X bolt for a single banjo Brembo set up.

Being in Australia I have a local source to customise the Goodridge line as they are the country distributor and gave better then local RRP.

So any Aussies in need hit up Alan at John Stamnas.

John Stamnas Pty Ltd
Goodridge Performance Parts : Frando Brake System
07 54 477 411 www.johnstamnas.com
Prepare to shave off 0.5mm from the banjo bolt going to the Brembo MC or get extra thick 1.5mm copper washers (normally 1.0mm thick). For some reason, every single Galfer, Goodridge, and Spiegler bolt has been slightly too long for Brembo calipers and MC's so the bolt stops tightening before compressing the copper washer.

Reactions: Kidnplay01
21 - 25 of 25 Posts