Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is anyone running a Woolich Blipper on a 2017+ CBR1000rr? Just wondering what indications you get? And any setup issues?
Mine currently isn't working correctly, it does flash twice on power up (Red LED) then thats it. Should it flash when the gear shift is selected?

Bike has a modified Ten-Kate loom and ECU. I've selected quickshifter in the menu and initialised, jumper lead the diagnostic port (Green, light green wires).

Unfortunately due to current events I can't take the bike out, just trying to resolve the issue while I've got some time on my hands.

Thanks for any info/advice.

Pablo

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Don't use the Woolich QS hardware with the HRC ECU.

Honda OEM QS works much better with the HRC ECU than even the HM does and Ten Kate would have included the updated optimized QS timing values in your ECU flash.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Initially I was going down the Woolich ECU flash route hence the Woolich blipper. That stopped when I realised the limitations of the flash.

It's trying to get hold of a Honda blipper unit. So next question is are the footrests a major issue as well? Currently using Diamond racing rearsets. I see the HRC documentation lists set dimensions for the gear lever, which is beyond the Diamond rearsets.

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I have E-mailed Ten-Kate for a price for a Blipper, other options available are:
Cordona (Looks very similar to the Woolich).
HM have 3 options available.
Rapid Bike.
IRC.

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
So I have E-mailed Ten-Kate for a price for a Blipper, other options available are:
Cordona (Looks very similar to the Woolich).
HM have 3 options available.
Rapid Bike.
IRC.
I would steer clear of the aftermarkets as they each seem far more quirky than not with the HRC ECU.

Foot pegs are pretty critical.

Key is the ratio more than the actual measurements and maintaining a 90* and across both the vertical and an imaginary horizontal plain.

I have a lightly used set of black Ten Kate rear sets I am not going to be using.

They will meet all the criteria - as song as you are OK losing the side stand (should be ok as a track bike I should imagine) as the gear shift doesnt pivot on the lower engine bolt bat rather the side stand bolt.

I will check but I may also have a stock Honda QS unit in the box-O-spares,

Drop me an email/DM.

Cheers Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts