Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, Windows decided to “sleep” while Woolich was reading my ECU, despite having disabled all of the energy saving features in Windows… now I can’t get the ECU to initialize.

It tries to initialize, then prompts me to turn the ignition off, hit OK, then ignition on… seemingly forever.
Anyone run into this issue? Is there a way to recover?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Contact them first and let them know the issue/symptoms before making purchases.

I’ve had similar issue in the past and they were able to get me back up and running. If I had reached out to them before I could’ve saved a lot of money.

They were really good with the tech support

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems the identifying information of the ECU is written to the first x number of bytes. How this data is marshalled varies between ECUs and if incorrectly marshalled data is written, the ECU is effectively bricked. I believe Woolich software validates this data and if the validation check fails (can't identify), it refuses to touch the ECU... which is a good thing and generally leaves the ECU in a recoverable state. A+ for Woolich here.

Between work and track day prep I didn't get time to get more details but it seems the attempted write put my ECU in a weird state in which Woolich or the dash could not init the ECU to identify it, hence why Woolich was throwing an error about reading the first memory location; but it was fortunately still recoverable.

I had already contacted Woolich but since it was Saturday and I was pressed for time I contacted a tuner in the US who was able to force write the correct image then flash their tune on to it... I got the ECU back with some euro velocity stacks too.:cool:

Woolich's initial trouble shooting step was to determine if the ECU could be identified. I mentioned to Woolich that since I had a track day approaching in a few days, I had already sent the ECU to a tuner (one they know and have worked with) for recovery. Didn't want to risk waiting till mid week to ship to Australia. Since the issue is resolved, I'm not expecting a reply... but I'm wondering if the next step would have been purchasing a recovery key which allows the stock image to be force written to the rom?

Either way, issue is resolved, Woolich has been great, and the new tune from the tuner hits hard and the throttle feels way smoother. Though I'm thinking of selling my woolich USB kit now and switching to their log box. :)

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I lost 3 SC77 ECMS with woolich, its all explained in this forum
not sure why, they did resets, recoverys etc then they realized it was a lost cause and canceled me, ended up getting a refund for the remote flash unit, they fought me to the end by i got my money back

KSC ECU & ORM Houston was able unlock all thank goodness and flashed with with awsome tunes, best ive seen to this day

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
not sure why, they did resets, recoverys etc then they realized it was a lost cause and canceled me, ended up getting a refund for the remote flash unit, they fought me to the end by i got my money back

KCS ECU was able unlock all 3 & ORM Houston thank goodness and flashed with with awsome tunes, best ive seen to this day
my advice go onto instagram and message Paul, you have no idea how good his tune is my SP2 is unreal

·
Registered
215 Posts

KSC ECU was able unlock all 3 & ORM Houston thank goodness and flashed with with awsome tunes, best ive seen to this day
I loved reading when you went full retard in those posts. You’re a funny old guy when you get mad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts