Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do you still have your "bricked" ECU?
Yes, to be clear --it's only bricked if you want to use a different software not FTECU .. unfortunately, FTECU can't modify their program to do what I want it to do ( as listed in my above post ).

They even offered me free / discounted product ..which I have no need for

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Yes, to be clear --it's only bricked if you want to use a different software not FTECU .. unfortunately, FTECU can't modify their program to do what I want it to do ( as listed in my above post ).

They even offered me free / discounted product ..which I have no need for
I suspect they have no clue how to get the ECU back to stock, default password or not. For one thing they have not even got the most basic feature sorted - bump the rev limit.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Pulled out an old laptop and was able to read the ECU finally, no issues (just took a while).
Hope writing to it goes just as smooth

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Pulled out an old laptop and was able to read the ECU finally, no issues (just took a while).
Hope writing to it goes just as smooth
That's good news. Being able to keep existing fuel and ignition tables is always a good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
and....Got it flashed with no issues!!! I'll get a proper ride in tomorrow morning.

·
Newbie to CBR's
206 Posts
Woolich "read ECU" help

Didn’t read the thread all the way, someone messaged me saying you were having issues.
When the ECU is cycling continuously try cycling the key. It might force it. It has worked for me a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Seems it didn't like my cable extension . Switched to a laptop and had zero issues reading or writing the ECU.
Kept the laptop and bike connected to power the entire time, I've seen this go wrong with car tuning.

·
Newbie to CBR's
206 Posts
Maybe. Honda’s are very temperamental to tuning. Make sure the WiFi and virus scans are off also during the process.
I’ve thought the same things and then the next write I had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I've tried for a few days to troubleshoot this, but thought I would ask as I feel I can't be the only person to have had this issue.

I cannot "Read ECU", some sort of communication issue I believe. My set up

2017 CBR1000rr SP - already has a Woolich tune on it, bought the bike and hardware from previous owner
Windows 10 desktop - less than 2 months old, Woolich software installed
V3 logbox
6' USB cable extension
USB cable to connect to the logbox
Cable to connect logbox to red connector in the trunk

The issue:
Connect the logbox to the computer, I can view logs with the software and all is good
Connect logbox to bike, hit "new" in the program, select year/make/model/ECU, then "Read ECU"
Get the green status bar moving to the right, gets to the end and I get a pop up that says:
1. Turn ignition off
2. Hit OK button
3. Turn ignition on

This cycle repeats endlessly, on occasion I get an error message that the ECU is not communicating

I've opened a trouble ticket with Woolich, they suggested I recover the ECU which seems dramatic
I'm hoping someone here has seen this issue and has a less invasive solution or did I miss something? Should I ditch the desktop and buy a used laptop? ditch the logbox and buy the harness??

Okay so I just had this issue and I may be a little late to the party but thought I would share my experience. From nw Houston btw.. really irrelevant but i have noticed a few of the other members on here are also. So to the issue of the program not reading the ecu and continually asking you to turn the bike off hit OK and then asking you to turn bike back on again and it acts like it is reading but when the loading bar get all the way to the end it asks you all over again. So I looked up a trouble shooting guide through woolich and did exactly what it said with no luck. So I pulled out the USB unhooked unit from the bike and proceeded to restart my laptop. So after the laptop rebooted I hooked up the USB to the computer and log box only. I left the bike unhooked from the log box and opened woolich software and after software loaded I then proceeded to hook the bike to the log box and like magic it finally read the ECU. It is definitely taking forever to read it but it is actually reading this time. It's at 20% right now and 20min have gone by. Smh. Hopefully it speeds up soon! Thought I would share my experience to help others.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
NW Houston.

I bet we pass each other every day.

The Honda SC77 ECU will take about 95 to 100 minutes to read. Very often the issue is a USB issue. Either the cable, port or PC itself. Also if you start Woolich software and there is an update, it will appear to be ready but you need to restart the application again to complete the update, and allow the USB comms to be re initiated.

But it sounds like you got it sorted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
NW Houston.

I bet we pass each other every day.

The Honda SC77 ECU will take about 95 to 100 minutes to read. Very often the issue is a USB issue. Either the cable, port or PC itself. Also if you start Woolich software and there is an update, it will appear to be ready but you need to restart the application again to complete the update, and allow the USB comms to be re initiated.

But it sounds like you got it sorted.

Probably do! I work near the bucees in waller. I have been up all night trying to figure out all this Woolich programming stuff. Finally got the ecu going. Still have to figure out Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband 02 Install going to hold off on putting that in until hopefully this weekend (if we dont get shut down with this coronavirus) because I need to get over to a muffler shop and see if they can get this 02 put in for me and hopefully strait pipe this thing.

On another note BIG BIG thanks and shout out to you RC45 let me tell you something I just got back from test riding that SP2 Mapshare tune of yours. Holy hell!!! Going to take some getting use to that's for sure. Lol! The power is definitely back. Thanks again! We need to get together and ride sometime. I have 2 close friends I ride with on a daily basis. We would be down to ride anytime! We normally ride on Sundays all over the country roads out this way. Let me know cause I definitely owe you a beer or something for this tune! 🙌👏

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
When this all blows over swing by the shop and we can tie up all the loose ends.

Looks like I am taking my WSBK SP2 down the MSR Houston later today. I want to get a few test laps in before they shut Houston down completely.

Do you still have the stock exhaust? What exhaust are you putting on there? Is your bike a base, ABS, SP or SP2?

·
Registered
4 Posts
When this all blows over swing by the shop and we can tie up all the loose ends.

Looks like I am taking my WSBK SP2 down the MSR Houston later today. I want to get a few test laps in before they shut Houston down completely.

Do you still have the stock exhaust? What exhaust are you putting on there? Is your bike a base, ABS, SP or SP2?

Awesome! Sounds good! I am game! Need all the advice I can get!

2017 abs matte black - bought it used with just under 2000 mi. And I want to say the dealer put on this knock off $40 sc project to get sales, I guess. Would like to get full exuast but cant afford that anytime soon. I will eventually get there though. My game plan is to get with a muffler shop and hopefully they can fab me up something for now until I can get full exuast. But idk.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Honestly, you make be better off with the stock muffler back on and the exhaust servo disabled until you can get a full exhaust. The stock exhaust is not the restriction everyone makes it out to be and at full throttle it is fuxxing loud.

The biggest gains come from the ETV table changes. The next gain is with a proper tuned length full exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Let me know if you need a stock exhaust end can, I can hook you up :)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts