·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it the crazy insurance, nope
Speeding tickets? nope
Tires every season(minimum), nope
Smell of dried bug guts?.....:thumbsup:

Does anyone else hate that smell as bad as me? Its like a dead crab's ass or the dumspter at red lobster. Its always the same mix of gross and fish guts or something. For me the worst part about heading out for a ride is cleaning all the guts off for the next round of bug smasher.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Worst part for me is the storage.... Garage has one on the lift and one on each side of the lift so now I have to both work on them in the house and use it for parking...

Attachments

·
Can't Spell
338 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worst part for me is the storage.... Garage has one on the lift and one on each side of the lift so now I have to both work on them in the house and use it for parking...
Storage is steadily moving up the list for me too. I just picked up an old Kawee ltd550 to screw around with and now that makes things worse, then add a bad snowmobile addiction and things are getting tight fast.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've literally never smelled dead bugs on my bike. Didn't know it was a thing.
Your bike isnt plastered with bugs and guts after every ride? When you go to wipe the bike down it has a distinct smell from the guts and crap. I can smell it in my helmet some days when riding at dusk and bugs are heavy. Theres a spot by the mississippi river that gets crazy when the sun goes down. The bike looks like it has gross fur after a few minutes riding through the area.

·
Registered
251 Posts
you know what? i never realized how bad that shit smells. didnt exactly know what it was...im always cleaning up after every ride but your description is accurate... like a fishy rotting stench...

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Is it the crazy insurance, nope
Speeding tickets? nope
Tires every season(minimum), nope
Smell of dried bug guts?.....:thumbsup:
Actually, I haven't had any of the above problems with mine. At my age and driving record, my insurance with American Family is $326/yr for full coverage with a $500 ded. No speeding tickets on it in 10 years of ownership and I just replaced the tires, which lasted close to 6 years and over 17k miles. Although it gets enough bug guts from riding home from work at night I have never noticed a bad smell.

I would like a bit more storage. With a two car garage and two Jeeps in it already, things get crowded when the bike is not in the basement for prolonged winter storage. I frequently do a bit of shuffling with the vehicles, depending on which I want to drive/ride to work that day.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The bug guts might be a SouthEast US thing. I never got that many on the bike, but washing the car you can definitely smell them. And in FL the Love Bugs are something else.

The worst part for me is the comfort - all scrunched up, lots of weight forward on your wrists, rearsets higher and back. Some days it doesn't bother me as much as others. I think it's improved for 17+, but I'm on a 13. And I'm getting older and creakier.

·
Can't Spell
338 Posts
I get bugs once in a while, had a lot of few times over the years. Bugs in the desert aren't fat and full of liquid or I just don't get the amount you do. I'm going for option #2 honestly lol.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The bug guts might be a SouthEast US thing. I never got that many on the bike, but washing the car you can definitely smell them. And in FL the Love Bugs are something else.

The worst part for me is the comfort - all scrunched up, lots of weight forward on your wrists, rearsets higher and back. Some days it doesn't bother me as much as others. I think it's improved for 17+, but I'm on a 13. And I'm getting older and creakier.

The 2012 and 13 are almost sport-touring territory the 17 is worse well to me I had my buddy's bike for like a three-hour ride I had to get back on my 12. What made it worse for me which I sold was the e cushion seat it won't allow me to move around on the bike and get comfortable I found that the factory seat is much more comfortable

·
Can't Spell
338 Posts
You people don't know sport bike and comfy until you've experienced the glory that is the F4i with a banana seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts