Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddys 08 got stolen and when they recovered it. The dude messed most everything up. We are gonna work on getting the paint off the frame and motor. He don’t have much cash and the towi kg lot even charged him to get him bike $250 lol…if like to help him and buy some parts for him. I’ll attack some pics.

right off I can see it needs

any plastics
The whole ram air units right and left
Ignition (the whole unit)
Gas lock system
Back seat lock
Back seat or cowl
Even the under plastics like inside the farrings. Any oem bolts or washers etc that I don’t have to buy individually from Honda would be a cool find. Let me know what y’all got please! name you’re price and what you got here’s some pics of the bike before and after

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What a mess. If that's rattle-can red and gray paint, Lacquer Thinner will take it off without affecting the OEM Urethane paint. Walmart sells it in gallons. Wear 6mil nitrile gloves while using it in a well-ventilated area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a mess. If that's rattle-can red and gray paint, Lacquer Thinner will take it off without affecting the OEM Urethane paint. Walmart sells it in gallons. Wear 6mil nitrile gloves while using it in a well-ventilated area.
Yea we working on stripping all the old paint today. Gonna be hours and hours prob lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did catch the bastard who stole the bike and did this?
yea but the guy they fought on it is saying hebought it from someone lol idk but most the paint came off gonna hit some black back in the frame and motor and start looking up some plastics if I can’t find anything on here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts