Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hook 'em!
Joined
·
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must be street legal and delivered to Houston, TX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Wouldn't it be more cost-effective to buy a US version and get the ECU custom-flashed to EU version?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
Must be street legal and delivered to Houston, TX
Hey, Bevo. You'll probably find, if like UK, that there'll be cancellations close to when the bike is released in USA. I'll assume you've done the rounds of dealers, so is there no prospect of being up the top of a waiting list?

Also, when is the second consignment due - assuming you'll get one?

We've read of talk on here that the first batch will be 49. Interestingly, I was speaking to my insurer yesterday (about another bike) and was told that that one company only, and not a major player in UK bike insurance, has already insured 50. It floored me, so there must be reasonable prospects of sales success.
 

·
Vendor - The SC77 Specialist
Joined
·
3,178 Posts
Wouldn't it be more cost-effective to buy a US version and get the ECU custom-flashed to EU version?
US bike is $32,000 TT&L.
UK bike should be about $25,000 + $1500 shipping if we can rebate the VAT.

And the bike is already full power.
If one could flash the US ECU to UK spec why wouldn't one just use the same flash process to remove the US restrictions?

Hey, Bevo. You'll probably find, if like UK, that there'll be cancellations close to when the bike is released in USA. I'll assume you've done the rounds of dealers, so is there no prospect of being up the top of a waiting list?

Also, when is the second consignment due - assuming you'll get one?

We've read of talk on here that the first batch will be 49. Interestingly, I was speaking to my insurer yesterday (about another bike) and was told that that one company only, and not a major player in UK bike insurance, has already insured 50. It floored me, so there must be reasonable prospects of sales success.
The UK one my mate just picked up and has on offer was already at a reasonable discount.
It seems they are not selling as quickly as was anticipated in the UK.

Rumor has it that US 2019 SP sales have not even broken double digits yet. At this rate Honda is probably not going to bring a second US batch of SC82 SPs in.
 

·
Hook 'em!
Joined
·
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wouldn't it be more cost-effective to buy a US version and get the ECU custom-flashed to EU version?
I don't think anyone in the US has cracked the ECU code to flash it. I'd rather have the standard version anyway. US is only getting the 2021 SP model
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top