Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha admits 2004 R1 fault

11 May 2004

Dealers have been given instructions on how to correct problems with downshifting on 2004 R1s.

Yamaha claims the fault only occurs on small numbers of bikes and that it is usually picked up at first service. Dealers have to spend an hour cleaning grease from the clutch plates to rectify it, with Yamaha picking up the bill. It has not been made a recall as it’s not a safety issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm sure we will all experience some new bike blues such as this. You guys have reported the pinging thing and tail light meltdown. The R1 has this cltuch problem. My CBR600RR had some issues, although not the same as you 1000RR owners have mentioned. That's the risk we run when buying new models.

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
I think the taillight meltdown thing turned out to be soot from the exhaust, not melting plastics.

·
Registered
526 Posts
motozen said:
I'm sure we will all experience some new bike blues such as this. You guys have reported the pinging thing and tail light meltdown. The R1 has this cltuch problem. My CBR600RR had some issues, although not the same as you 1000RR owners have mentioned. That's the risk we run when buying new models.
The pinging is a problem but the taillight so far has been an isolated incident. Lemon or modification issue.

I find it funny that yamahas fix doesnt do anything for the problems that are out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.