Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MachineHead
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: In the description, (for this particular seller), it states can only be used with a 520 chain conversion? Why would this be? Guessing the stock chain takes up more room than the 520?

Also, is the gain from slip-on to full system just 2 hp? (when first installing a tuned ECU).

Do you think the bike will run cooler sans Cat? (with a full system).

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
244 Posts
This is most interesting, JD, especially reference to just 2 hp.

I had lengthy discussions about the Yoshi (although maybe not the same as the one you're looking at) as promoted by forum vendor on another Honda forum. You might find assistance there, as well as surprise at some of the stats provided.

·
MachineHead
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is most interesting, JD, especially reference to just 2 hp.

I had lengthy discussions about the Yoshi
Thanks!
Dan0, was the one who mentioned there was only 2hp difference between the slip-on and the FS. I just wanted to get different perspectives.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That actually seems a reasonable price compared to guys pay in UK.

Being unfamiliar with USA product I can't offer more, although I did think others would weigh in to this thread.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I had a Yosh slip-on on my '03 600rr.
It sounded fantastic. Screamed at high RPMs, and there was a noticeable difference when I got on the throttle. I don't have any experience with a Yosh full system, but it does look like a good price. Yosh USA has an extensive R&D program, so you will definitely see gains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts