Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CBR1000RR
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Yoshi RS-5 on my ‘07 to replace the garbage two bros. Everything went well except for where the yoshi pipe slips onto the stock collector pipe. There was a small exhaust leak coming through the clamp. I tried to index the clamp different ways and even tried two clamps with the pinch points indexed opposite each other but I still got a little sputter of air from the same spot. I had some JB weld Exhaust System Sealant so I put some on the stock pipe, slid the yoshi pipe over it, and then filled in the remaining gap after the pipe was seated and clamped. When I looked up the issue I noticed a lot of people use high temp RTV for slip ons without a gasket. I was wondering if this exhaust putty would work as well long-term as the RTV would, or if it would just get brittle and flake off eventually. Anybody have personal experience sealing a slip on with sodium silicate exhaust putty?
Thanks in advance guys.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,068 Posts
Good question, anyone have experience wt this?

·
Registered
2007 CBR1000RR
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reassurance. I just wanted to make sure they didn’t send me a defective pipe. I know it won’t affect the performance or ride-ability. I just hate that little ticking sound that a small sputter can make. Love the new yoshi pipe though. I don’t know if it’s just in my head, but I feel like there is way more bottom end with my new yoshi. I guess that can be a result of having to shorten the two bros to re-rivet it every two week; every time I did that I lost a little back-pressure. No matter how clean you drill the holes or secure the slip-on, the carbon fiber still freys and cracks near the rivets. My brother actually came to town this week to visit me and he has an ‘06. When I explained how my two bros slip on kept breaking, he said the same exact thing happened to his. So if you are going to go the two brothers racing M2 VALE route, get the aluminum or titanium sleeve. I could build a better slip on out of the materials I find in my apartment complex dumpster compared to their carbon fiber offering. We both ordered ours straight from the Two Brothers Racing website so they were not counterfeits. I had mine for a week before the CF ripped and failed. Not trying to bash TBR. I’ve seen some pipes from them with amazing quality carbon fiber. This model just isn’t one of them.

Very very sorry for the rant. I’m just hella upset I threw $600 bucks after shipping down the trash and two bros just said “ohh well,” and tried to sell me another one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts