Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question...

Has any one with a non-US version or Euro-version blades installed Z-bomb or DJ-IRC on it..., please keep away from "I heard" answers not unless its useful information because I heard it all, I just need to know if someone did try it and if a difference has been noticed.
CHEERZ

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
There is no point in installing the Z-bomb or IRC on a non-US bike blade. Euro versions do not have the timing retard that the US models do. And the Z-bomb and IRC just remove that timing retard. They just give US bikes back the few HP that Honda took away and bring it back up to what the Euro versions are at.

So a Euro version will not magically get extra HP by adding the Z-bomb or IRC.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no point in installing the Z-bomb or IRC on a non-US bike blade. Euro versions do not have the timing retard that the US models do. And the Z-bomb and IRC just remove that timing retard. They just give US bikes back the few HP that Honda took away and bring it back up to what the Euro versions are at.

So a Euro version will not magically get extra HP by adding the Z-bomb or IRC.
Just to remind you....

please keep away from "I heard" answers

·
Registered
39 Posts
mine is Euro-version i installed the z-bomb but i cant tell you yet if there is a different in the power,, i test my bike on dyno before installing the z-bomb it gaves me 157WHP when i installed the z-bomb then i went to dyno shop to see if it gives power but there was problem in the dyno so i am waiting till they fix the dyno then i will see if there is a different in the power so i contact bazzaz i asked them (is work with Euro-version) they saied yes it dose and the manual says ( the z-bomb only for USA version) but i dont believe them till i see what the dyno says

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine is Euro-version i installed the z-bomb but i cant tell you yet if there is a different in the power,, i test my bike on dyno before installing the z-bomb it gaves me 157WHP when i installed the z-bomb then i went to dyno shop to see if it gives power but there was problem in the dyno so i am waiting till they fix the dyno then i will see if there is a different in the power so i contact bazzaz i asked them (is work with Euro-version) they saied yes it dose and the manual says ( the z-bomb only for USA version) but i dont believe them till i see what the dyno says
I also can't believe gossip not unless some one shows me the proof in numbers. Every one is copy/pasting and circulating the same information over n over again.
Good luck with your dyno testing and Keep us posted please

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Just to remind you....
I also can't believe gossip not unless some one shows me the proof in numbers. Every one is copy/pasting and circulating the same information over n over again.
Good luck with your dyno testing and Keep us posted please
Well, if you consider what the inventor of the device says it does gossip, then I don't know what to tell you.
It is a pretty specific fix to the 08 1000RR US model, because of that huge timing dip programmed in by Honda. If there is another model that has a timing dip like that, it could help them as well.
It shouldn't do much for non US spec ECUs. It makes the ECU avoid the part of the timing map where the ignition timing was retarded on the US spec ECU. Outside of that range, everything behaves like stock. This makes it easy to remap whatever fuel module you use to work with this. You only need to remap the 100% throttle map.

The TRE is gear based, and improves low and part throttle drivability. This is not gear based, and improves WOT power. Even though they both affect timing, they are two very different parts, designed to work around two very different limitations programmed into the respective ECUs.
Here is the original thread if you want to read it in context:
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53692&highlight=metric+calibrator

If you understand what the Z-bomb and IRC do, then you would understand why it wouldn't do much for a non US bike.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, if you consider what the inventor of the device says it does gossip, then I don't know what to tell you.

If you understand what the Z-bomb and IRC do, then you would understand why it wouldn't do much for a non US bike.
No shit. Before you go and say that somebody (who was trying to help you not waste money) is spreading "I heard" stories and gossip, maybe you should try to understand WHAT the z-bomb does and WHY it is needed on the U.S. spec bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

First of all, I wasn't trying to offend you in anyway and I know what Brad955 said and I had a long chat with him about it. The unit made for US-version bikes and the inventor doesn't know how much advanced or retarded the non-US version bikes...> even in his quotation you posted brad955 shows he have no idea if this will work with non-US version...
FYI... I have building racing cars engines since the 80's before I got into bikes and I am an Orangeman Engineer graduated from SU, I think I know what this unit for and does... so lets all sit and listen to what this unit might teach us both.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No shit. Before you go and say that somebody (who was trying to help you not waste money) is spreading "I heard" stories and gossip, maybe you should try to understand WHAT the z-bomb does and WHY it is needed on the U.S. spec bikes.
This is not a bashing thread... so if you guys got something useful to say then please say it... The subject is about the Z-bomb & IRC not ME, so lets keep it clean please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts